October 13, 2010

Plush You,

Last Friday, At Schmancy in Seattle, the Plush You show opened.  I would have loved to have been there, but it's a little far to travel.  I've already shown a sneak peek of parts of this, so here is the complete Otter.


Disaster struck though at the eleventh hour.  Last Thursday, I had an email from Kate at Nancy (which is next door to Schmancy) to say the stick had broken in transit!!  Oh no, the Otter is in Seattle, I'm in the UK, and it needs repairing.  After a few emails going back and forth, Kate has fixed it, and a new stick has been attached, phew!  There are photo's from the opening night (see if you can spot my Otter!) here on Flickr.

And if you like the Otter, there is more news coming soon regarding him...!

Next on the agenda for me is, fingers crossed, a boiler man visiting tomorrow.  We were away at the weekend and came home to no hot water or heating.  It's beginning to get pretty chilly here now, our house warms up nicely being south facing at the back when the sun is out, but the last 3 days have been grey and overcast.  The kids are starting to moan, and boiling water in the kettle just to wash the dishes is loosing it's charm!

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, that Mr. Otter is adorable!!! I hope your boiler man showed up. Warm wishes!

Shell said...

aww he's so cute, but I think I like his whole display better. the little pond and lily, the fish. TOO cute!

really hope your boiler is fixed soon, it's the wrong time of year in the UK for those kinds of things to go ka-put.

Unknown said...

That is so adorable! I love your projects and look forward to seeing what you have made!

WoolenSails said...

Love the otter and your little critters. I got some felting supplies, so one of these days I will make some animals, if I can.

Debbie

Quietly Otaku said...

wow hes amazing! I love the little fish on the end of the stick. too cute!

home made gorgeous said...

I adore this otter! :)

IdaDown said...

So gorgeous!! Glad you had someone on hand to give a helping hand.

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Oh, I love your Otter! he's great!!